We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team, working across a range of commercial and political projects.The role our Data Engineers are responsible for:
- Designing databases and data pipelines for storing and processing large, sometimes unstructured datasets for use with our analytics platform.
- Building data visualizations to communicate the output of our models to other teams and to external clients
- Executing batch jobs on our custom-built computing cluster
- Working closely with the data analytics team to build a robust suite of libraries for extracting data from our databases.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with both SQL (MySQL) and noSQL (MongoDB) databases
- Familiarity with programming best practices, design patterns, version control systems
- A sound understanding of concurrency and parallel programming
- Experience with, or a keen desire to gain experience with, big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
Location: Cambridge, UK
Please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to: